Wave 2 Instructor
To be apply to be a Molchanovs Wave 2 Instructor, you will be required to complete a Molchanovs Wave 3 course and be of an appropriate character. For crossovers to Molchanovs Freediving Education, an equivalent Instructor certificate is required.
The physical requirements to pass the Wave 2 Instructor course/crossover is as follows:
- 40m (35m*) CWTB & FIM
- 30m (25m*) CNF
- 25m rescue + 50m suface tow
- 100m pool DYN
- 60m DNF
- 4 min STA
- 15m Stand-by rescue (minimum 60s)
- CO2 Dive**
* Cold water, under 15ºC
**While weighted for neutral buoyancy at 10m, perform vertical finning for 60s with elbows above the surface, followed by a 20m CWT/CWTB dive.
Wave 3 Instructor
To apply to be a Molchanovs Wave 3 Instructor, you will need:
- An active Wave 2 Instructor (or equivalent from other agencies) certification
- Have at least 1 year of teaching experience as a Wave 2 Instructor (or equivalent from other agencies)
- Minimum of 50 certifications (of which a minimum of 10 Wave 1 and 10 Wave 2). Certifications from other agencies will count as 50%, meaning you will require a minimum of 100 certifications.
- A record of leading at least 20 Base Sessions (Molchanovs Wave 2 Instructors only)
- 50m CWTB & FIM
- 35m CNF
- 30m rescue + 50m suface tow
- 100m pool DYN
- 75m DNF
- 4.30 min STA
- 20m Stand-by rescue (minimum 60s)
Please note that these are minimum performance requirements and the expectation is that candidates should be able to meet those standards reasonably comfortably and with good form.